Milwaukee, WI -Bloggers, developers and other fans of the WordPress content management system will spend the weekend of June 2-3, 2012 at Bucketworks, 706 S. 5thSt., learning, discussing and having fun at the first WordCamp Milwaukee.
“WordPress is about letting anyone use the Internet to communicate their message, whether that’s an opinion, a business, a personal interest, or whatever,” said Scott Offord of Orion Group, LLC, lead organizer for WordCamp Milwaukee. “WordCamp is where the community gets together to learn more about what makes WordPress awesome, and how to make it even more awesome.”
Everyone interested in the Web, blogging, designing and developing websites are welcome at WordCamp Milwaukee. A special track for WordPress beginners is planned, along with sessions designed for every interest. Registration for the weekend is $20. Sign up online at http://2012.milwaukee.wordcamp.org/tickets.
WordCamp Milwaukee will showcase the talent present in southeastern Wisconsin. Among the speakers scheduled to appear:
- Lisa Sabin-Wilson, author of WordPress for Dummies and founder of E.Webscapes, a web site design and development company specializing in custom WordPress themes where she has developed over 1,000 WordPress web sites.
- Mike McCallister, co-author of WordPress in Depth.
- Pete Prodoehl, longtime blogger at Rasterweb.net. Founder of BarCamp Milwaukee and Web 414.
- Lisa Ghisolf,Gizmo Design
- Mike Zielonka, Tuna Traffic
A complete schedule is available at http://2012.milwaukee.wordcamp.org/schedule.
WordCamp Milwaukee 2012 is sponsored by these wonderful organizations: Bucketworks, WP Engine, The Orion Group, Jetpack by WordPress.com, Wordnik, Sultan Solutions, PageLines, Tuna Traffic, SheHeMedia.com, Milwaukee Brewing Company, and Great Lakes Distillery.